Monday, February 7, 2011

February 8

The biggest assignment of the semester so far is due on Friday. Your teacher is nowhere to be found and the clock is ticking. Career Lesson #147 (for which there is no curricular standard): Don't Panic. This is a lousy week for any of us to get sick, but the show must go on. That's why I'm posting the Career/Research Portfolio requirements (see next post). This is your checklist to make sure your portfolio is complete. We've discussed each element and I've even collected drafts of a few, so even though I'm not there you should have no trouble finishing by Friday. I should be back on Wednesday, so you'll get your cover letters back with two days to revise as needed. I will ask tomorrow's substitute to return your lists of resources and TIP write-ups. Remember to find the MLA guide in the back of your textbook to format your bibliography; I'll also take questions on this in class when I get back. Tomorrow (and on your own, if necessary) you should complete a draft of your email to your future self. I'll give you the website instructions etc. when I see you on Wednesday. By Thursday you should only have some light typing and printing left. If you run into trouble, crowd source your question here on the blog, ask a classmate, or send me an email. As for tomorrow, I'll miss you. Try and convince the substitute teacher that you are in fact the wonderful people I say you are.

JOURNAL TOPIC:
Describe a time when you felt panic but later felt foolish about it. What accounted for the change in your perspective?

AGENDA:
1. Journal
2. Work on your portfolio (Future Me email, TIP write-ups, research paper, and/or anything else you need to complete)
3. Literature Analysis #3 reading (If you haven't found a book yet, find one and remember to bring it to class whether I'm there or not)

No comments:

Post a Comment